Monday, April 26, 2010

Radio Silence

Sorry for radio silence the next few weeks. I'm finishing up the semester, writing, studying, packing, looking for an apartment in a new city, and spending money hand over fist (on airline tickets, new glasses, money, road trips, and apartments). I promise to emerge in about three weeks with a far lighter heart and bank account.

Life is amazing and wonderful despite four days of continous rain in Indiana and a lack of cooking projects. Despite the work that still needs to get done I'm actually able to enjoy a glass of wine while I write this (sorry if the grammar and spelling are especially sloppy!). Dane is almost done with the semester and there are just two tests between me and graduation.

I think we may have found an apartment in Berkeley. Keep your fingers crossed! I can't tell more or I might jinx it, but it has parking, a dishwasher, a washer and dryer, a view, and a gas stove. It's also near the BART system. Maybe it won't work out, but it gives me hope that we will find something. While Dane was talking on the phone to the leasing dude yesterday he casually mentioned my impending Masters degree and I suddenly realized that the title sounded pretty impressive. I liked it. I hope I get the chance to casually drop that little tidbit into a conversation in the future, even if I have not enjoyed the actual Masters experience.

I also got an official job offer for the summer. I'm over the moon about this job. It's going to let me get outside, doing geology, experimenting with teaching, and improving my general attitude towards life. Expect only occasional updates this summer since I won't have internet access or a place to upload pictures, but I promise the most beautiful post when I get back full of nerdy geologic terms.

Got to get back to ecology, natural resource law, and research for a professor.

Kate, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment