Monday, April 12, 2010

The Blue Apple

I outright stole this pizza idea from a gourmet pizza place here in Bloomington called Lennie's. It's called The Blue Apple. We made it tonight. It's my favorite pizza in the whole wide world.

Give it a try! It's just pizza dough stretched as thin as you can get it with pesto, paper thin sliced onions, sliced green apple, blue cheese, walnuts, and mozzarella.

Have you ever tried baking your pizza on a piece of parchment paper? Well, let me just tell you that it is the BEST. We don't have a pizza stone so we just slip an upside down metal pan in oven while it's preheating. We cook our pizza at about 450-really hot. Make your pizza on top of the parchment paper. Then, after the oven is at temperature, transfer the parchment paper (with pizza on top) into the oven over the stone or pan. Cook for about 15 minutes and it's done. So easy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh MAN, K-LO! That sounds FAAABulous!!! :-D I'm definitely going to try this pizza combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so delicious! And extremely easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! I've done the same thing minus the pesto. What pizza dough recipe do you use? I know I'm kinda gadget-happy, but I really want a pizza stone...

    ReplyDelete