Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why I hate cooking meat: A brief story

I have cooked meat twice in the last week. This is unheard of. I attribute it to the warm weather. Warm weather makes me think about grilling and grilling makes me think about brats and burgers. I can't help it. So even though I don't actually have a grill I still want the meat part.

What is the number one problem with meat? I can never tell when it's done.

I just got done cooking chicken, but I'm still not sure I didn't poison myself. I cooked it in the oven for about an hour in about 1/2 an inch of water and it looked done in the center (very done), but the internal temperature never got above 150 degrees. When I opened the oven there was a bunch of steam, so that means it was boiling right? Agh. This is why I don't cook meat. I'm never convinced that I've cooked it enough and so I end up over cooking it.

I'll let you know if I have salmonella in a few days.

1 comment: