Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Done.

I am done with graduate school. My semester ended at 4:15 pm today when I pressed "send" on my take home exam.

So far I think life outside school is pretty great. I've already been out for ice cream, gone on a hike, climbed to the top of a fire tower, had dinner at a cafe overlooking Lake Monroe, eaten delicious calamari, drank fabulous fresh squeezed lemonade, and watched three episodes of Lost. Not too shabby.

I'm even more excited for tomorrow when the fun really starts and a few of my favorite people start showing up in town.

Tomorrow afternoon Dane's parents, sister, and two super cute nephews (they call me "Uncle Kate") show up. I love Dane's nephews. Every time we see them Dane has to talk me down from buying tons of gifts.

Later that night I need to go pick up my friend Noah up at the airport. He's flying in from Colorado to watch me graduate and help us pack just because he is that cool. He's also starting his PhD program in Chemistry at UC Berkeley next semester so he'll be our neighbor. I'm so excited to distract him from his important graduate school work!

On Friday morning my Dad flies in from Minneapolis and should arrive in Bloomington around noon. Since I won't see my Dad until next Christmas this is a major event.

Then it's on to graduation and waiting for my name to be called and smiling and cheering and eating and entertaining and drinking and sleeping very little.

I'm up for the challenge. So far post-graduate school is wonderful.

Thanks to all for your support and putting up with my bad attitude about the last two years. You are the best!

1 comment: